Sunday, July 24, 2011

When ye are in the service of your fellow beings....

Our Bishopric was released today. I never been so emotional at a Bishopric release. I have truly come to love and respect these men who have served this ward for the past three years. They sacrificed time with their own families to provide a family for us. They took care of us, watched out for us, chastised us, and loved us as their own. They bore testimony of the reality and truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. They helped me to strengthen my resolve to be a better daughter of God. Through their love, I have been able to better understand the love that my Father in Heaven has for me. I will be eternally grateful for that.

In other news, our new Bishop looks like Santa Claus, but without the beard. He seems just as kind. I know that the time had come for this change, and that it is for the best, but I will be sad to see our old Bishopric go. Luckily, none of them live too far away, and they should not be surprised if I show up for a visit every now and again.

All my thanks to Bishop Sorenson, Brother Liddiard, and Brother Miller.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Very sweet post :)