Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sub 9, Sub 30, Sub 40

Guess what is on its way to my house?! After a brief stop in the Bay Area, these little beauties are on their way to me! I got a sweet deal on them and I am counting down the seconds until they arrive.

Timing couldn't be more perfect because there is just one month to go until the Spokane to Sandpoint Relay! I am getting more than a little bit excited.  And the best part is that I am finally making a marked improvement in my running!

Last night I ran a mile under 9 minutes! (If you would like to take a moment and do a happy dance in honor of me, I will let you.)  Now, I know that for all you seasoned runners out there, this isn't a big deal, but if you can think back to how excited you were when you knew that not only did you love running, but it might be possible that you didn't totally suck at it, then you will be able to begin to feel my elation at my accomplishments. AND it gets better... that speedy one mile turned into my first sub-30 5k and my first sub-40 4 miler. There is something incredibly magical about accomplishing something that you have never done before. I came home feeling like a rock star.

Just when you thought things couldn't get any better, I am going to celebrate all of this by going to see the last Harry Potter movie tonight at 7:00pm. That is right! We got tickets to an early showing! No midnight movies for us! Wahoo!

1 comment:

Tracy Mills said...

Happy Dance for you!
P.S. I am SO excited for Harry Potter!!