Friday, July 15, 2011

Potter Mania

Last night I got off of work PROMPTLY at 5:00pm so I could speed crawl though the rush hour traffic to get to the theater in time for an early showing of Harry Potter! Kate's sister Erin hooked us up with the tickets and I am forever grateful that I didn't have to stay up for a midnight showing. I am an old lady now, and I am happiest when I don't have to go to work on 4 hours of sleep.  Anyway, on my way into the theater I caught glimpses of  kids running through the parking lot in graduation robes and bulky black glasses. Then I walked past this car that was all but plastered with Harry Potter bumper stickers:



 I knew this night was going to be good. 

I was right. We walked into the theater and the first thing we saw was Dumbledore putting the sorting hat on Erin's head and telling her that she was a Hufflepuff. I didn't get my phone out fast enough to capture the moment, but I did get this sneaky shot of Dumbledore and Hagrid. 



Inside the theater the magic continued. The girl next to me was pregnant and had a sign taped to her belly that said, "Dark Lord On Board." Hagrid, Dumbledore, Luna, and some other friends of Hogwarts hosted a little trivia game before the movie. I didn't know any of the answers. It was a serious Harry Potter Fan Fail on my part. I did have a wand though, Erin made us some chocolate covered pretzel sticks and we did our best to cast spells with them.  Camilla's favorite spell is the "accio" one, so we tried to accio peoples popcorn and sodas. It didn't work.  Wizarding fail. The movie, however, was not a fail. We had a marvelous time. I won't say anything else, because I know that a lot of you haven't seen the movie yet, but I will leave you with a picture of Dobby.  He had a sock pinned to his potato sack. That is true dedication.


Happy Potter Day!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

There is nothing that makes me more sad than realizing that I'm not a wizard! I feel the pain of your wizarding fails, big time.

Karen Ella said...

Did you not just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie?!?!?

Camilla said...

Expelliarmus!! (Now imagine an ice cream sandwich just flying at you!)

Tracy said...

I loved the movie and I love this post! ha ha... I love that people get all dressed up and crazy for the movies. Makes me happy.