Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rain

When it's pouring rain and you're bowling along through the wet, there's satisfaction in knowing you're out there and the others aren't.

     -Peter Snell, former New Zealand athlete and three-time Olympic gold medalist


I went for a run in the rain yesterday. It was fabulous. I honestly wish it had rained a little bit more, oh well.  When I got home last night, this quote came through in my email. I thought it was very nice of runnersworld to send me a quote that was tailored to my day. 


The more I think about it, I am pretty sure that this quote applies to the rest of life as well. Sometimes, when life gets crazy and you keep bowling along through the wet, there is an incredible sense of satisfaction that comes from knowing that you are moving forward, that you are doing something incredible, that you are pushing farther than you ever have before. 


Running in the rain is cool. 


1 comment:

Karen Ella said...

High fives to you!!! I'm always so proud of the people I see chuggin along out there.