Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Verdict Is In

"It takes faith and the courage to risk failure in order to realize one's destiny. Having had my share of failures throughout my career I know that it is well worth the risk."

- Ryan Hall, American long distance runner

So, remember about a week and a half ago when I said that I would do my best to chronicle my heroic effort to prepare for the Salt Lake Half Marathon? Well, it isn't going to happen. I went to the physical therapist again on Monday and there is just no way that it will be humanly possible for me to run in this race. Luckily I cried all my sad no-running tears for the Rex Lee run, so although I am certainly disappointed that I won't be able to make my April 16th goal, I am also incredibly grateful for all that I have learning in the time I have spent training. I have already done more than I ever thought I could, and it also doesn't hurt that I may have already signed up for another race. Hooray! Yup, that makes everything better. I will be running in the Sawtooth Relay in Idaho in June! It is a 6 man, 62 mile relay that is going to rock my little world. Many thanks go out to Camilla, Outstanding RMYL Graduate Student of the Year, for letting me tag along on this one. Actually, many thanks go out to Camilla for starting this whole thing in the first place. (Thanks for believing in me and cheering me on. You are the greatest!)

Back to the drawing board, 2 months to race time. Here's to failure, and not letting it get the best of me!

2 comments:

Erin Masi said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry you won't be able to run the half! :( Boo to injuries! BUT the Sawtooth with be awesome! And I am jealous that you and Camilla get to be running friends!

Camilla said...

Erin! I wish you were here to run with us! Jennica, you are still my hero!!! I am so proud of all your training! You are AMAZING! TJ Fredette was really singing about you :)