Monday, March 14, 2011

Mr. Blue Sky

I don't usually post song lyrics, but this song has been running through my head all morning long.

Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why,
You had to hide away for so long
where did we go wrong.

Hey there Mr. Blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do,
Everybody smiles at you.

Yesterday was an incredibly beautiful day! The sun was shining!We had our windows open all day long! I didn't have morning meetings yesterday (for prolly the first time in 2 months), and so I basked in the glorious morning. I took my breakfast outside and read my scriptures in the beautiful sunshine. It was the best Sunday I have had in a long time. After church we had some friends over for dinner and all of us were feeling strangely happy. We blamed it on the sun. Thank you sun! I never realize how much I miss you until you return in the Spring and remind me of the warm summer nights, and long, lovely days spent outside that have just become distant memories. Hello to evening walks, picnics, hikes, BBQs, camping, bike riding, and reading in the park. I have missed you all! Even though it is a bit cloudy today, it is March, and the sun won't be gone for long. There is hope! There is the promise of a new day! There is a promise or spring! Of Summer! OF SUN!





1 comment:

Tracy Mills said...

AMEN!!! When I am done with my stupid diet I am running with you out in the beautiful weather! :o)