Thursday, March 17, 2011

13 Miles in 30 Days

So, we are down to 30 days until the Salt Lake Half-Marathon. I have been out of commission for the last two weeks due to a very stupid leg injury that just won't quit. This does not bode well for me to be running 13 a mile race that is just 30 days away. But I am just not ready to give up, even if I have missed a huge chunk of ESSENTIAL training time. I was supposed to run the Rex Lee 10k last Saturday and I am not kidding you when I tell you that I cried when I drove past all of the runners on my way to drop off my homework. I was supposed to be one of them. I knew this running business had come to mean a lot to me, I just didn't realize how much it meant to me.

So, I am going to see what I can do. Seriously. If I never knew before what I was capable of, I am about to find out. I'm going to do my best to blog for all 30 of these days. There will be lots of cross training, core training, foam rolling and physical therapy. Oh, and homework, cause finals are coming up around the bend. It should be quite an adventure. Don't judge me if I end up not being able to do it...but pray like mad for me that I can!

Here's to 13 in 30.

1 comment:

Tracy Mills said...

Good luck! You can do it! <3