Wednesday, May 25, 2011

...like it's my birthday

It was my birthday, shout hooray!

Saturday night my dear friend Camilla threw me an unforgettable party. We went up the canyon and made tin foils dinners, and had cake and s'mores! Cake AND s'mores?! Yes! I told you it was unforgettable. While we were waiting for the tin foil dinners to cook we pulled out a couple of guitars and sang some tunes. I don't think that there is any way I could have been happier. The weather was perfect, the food was divine, we had live music all night long, I was surrounded by the greatest friends in the world, and we all smelled like campfire. I could not have asked for anything more.

In fact, I didn't feel like I could ask for anything more. I was perfectly content to be done with my birthday celebrating. Besides, it couldn't get any better than Saturday.

Well, it kinda actually did get better...I was chatting with a good friend on Sunday and he asked what I was doing for my birthday. "Work and FHE.", I replied. He pretty much told me that I was silly for not doing more, and that we could easily arrange to have some more celebrating on the actual day of my birth. I was ok with that idea. So, I sent out the call - and it was answered. I invited a lot of people (mostly because I love a lot of people), but also because I wanted to make sure someone showed up, as it was last minute invite and my popular friends prolly already had plans. And guess what?! People came. Lots of people. To celebrate me! I feel so very loved! We all went to Applebees and had appetizers and just told stories, laughed, and enjoyed each other's company. It was PERFECT.

It wasn't anything crazy or complicated. It was just good quality time with some of the most incredible people who have ever graced the face of the planet. Wow, I am one very lucky girl.

I don't think that I have had a birthday party to rival this one since I turned ten and we got to stay at the pool all night for midnight swim and then had a big slumby at my house.

Many thanks to everyone who made this birthday one of the very best ever!

Special thanks to Tracy and Jess for the photos, and to Camilla for awesome party!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hooray for your birthday! You are welcome for the pictures. :o)

heidikins said...

Yay! And Happy Birthday! (again!)

xox

Jaclyn said...

Wish I could have helped you celebrate - so glad you had a great day.

Amy said...

I am so glad you had a great birthday! Just wait for next year, we are going to do it up big! I'm thinking weekend Girlly trip.