Friday, May 13, 2011

Internship!

So, I mentioned in my last post, but did not elaborate on the fact that I HAVE A SUMMER INTERNSHIP! I say this in all capital letters because I was honestly worried that it would never happen. That part is a very long story, but let's just say that I am incredibly grateful, and I feel incredibly blessed. I am working for the Anne Stirba Cancer Foundation in Salt Lake. The foundation raises money for the Hunstman Institute to support breast cancer research. We will be putting together a 5k, working on a gala with the Hunstman Institute, and putting on a concert starting none other than Amy Grant. Oh yes, I give you permission to be jealous.

I am actually the second official employee the foundation has ever had. They just hired an executive director in December, and besides that, the law firm that the owner of the foundation owns has been taking care of everything. It is a great time to be a part of things, because I am treated like a normal employee, rather than just a silly little intern. There will be much to do, but also much to learn. I can't wait.

The biggest difficulty will be the commute. What an adventure. However, with general conference talks on podcast (hello, morning devo!) and some rockin' audiobooks, I should be able to make it just fine. It is only 4 months. It is only 4 months. Honestly, I am just grateful. Only a few weeks ago I didn't see how any of this was going to work out, and now, here I am. Did I mention that I feel very blessed?

Oh, and ps! The best news of the day?! Our last grade finally posted - I passed my stats class! Hooray!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Congrats Congrats! I am so happy for you!

Jen Feeny said...

First off congrats on the internship!!! That is so very cool and what's more so that it's for such an excellent cause! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!