Friday, February 20, 2009

Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa.

How good can life get? Not much better than this:

I spent last weekend in Iowa. Now, although Iowa is an extremely desirable destination, not many people have had the privileged of going there. So, for those of you unfamiliar with Midwestern geography, I have included a map.



While I was in Iowa I did some very amazing Iowa things; I got snowed in, I went to a restaurant where the waiters wore overalls and I learned about corn. I almost feel like I am an Iowa native now.

Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa.

And that is how I spent my President's Day weekend.

4 comments:

Lindsay Pace said...

I knew if you looked hard enough you could find your man in overalls! Thank goodness for Iowa!

Unknown said...

Ah, I Iowa is really pretty in the summer, but not so much in the winter!

Jeff and Ari said...

I am SO glad you have experienced Iowa. I was born there ... so I can really appreciate this :)!

Hali said...

HA HA... I heart your adventures to the Iowa-place. I don't feel nearly so ridiculously for vacationing in the OK-place now ;)
Glad you had a fun getaway!