Friday, June 20, 2008

People's Hottest Bachelors of 2008



This year People magazine published a pretty tasty list of Hollywood's Hottest Bachelors. Gracing the list were, of course, veteran Hotties George Clooney and Gerard Butler. There were also several lovely film and television stars, rock stars, comedians, a resurrected teen actor (Mario Lopez), and an interesting surprise:

In the wake of his sisters' domination of the pop-culture world (one being a tragic train-wreck of a pop princess and the other a poster-child for teen pregnancy) Bryan Spears must have been feeling left out. The television producer(of his baby sister's show)has been laying low as the unpublicized eldest sibling of the Spears family.

Well, he is unnoticed no longer. However, his presence on this list causes my mind to wander in two ways. The first: Although not too terrible to look at, does Brian really deserve a place amongst Hollywood's most desirable? There are a lot of good looking, talented, successful single men out there and, let me tell you friends, I am just not convinced by Bryan's less than impressive resume and photo. In the picture the dog is more prominent than he his, he is too far back for you to see his face and his body is obscured by his wet, baggy clothing. Maybe he has a sweet spirit. I don't know?

The second way my mind wanders is to the validity and popularity of the institution of marriage. In thinking of a replacement for Mr. Spears my mind instantly thinks of my favorite Hollywood hunk, Christian Bale. Only one problem there, he is married. So, maybe all of the good ones were taken? As it is, I am glad that there are so many of Hollywood's finest that are seeing fit to try their hand at commitment. Bryan, I am sure you do have a sweet spirit and as you are apparently one of the only ones left out there, I wish you the very best of luck.

In closing, recent American Idol winner David Cook also made the list. I publish this picture to say that if I wanted melt into a puddle of school-girl residue when I looked at Bryan Spears picture, I never would have written this. Congratulations go to David for not making me question for a moment why he made the list.

3 comments:

So@24 said...

How do I get up there?

Oh. "Hottest". Right right.

Jewls said...

I think hottie german/british man should have made the list.

Hali said...

I totally second that!