Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jennica Dorsey, World Traveler



I took this picture. That's right, I was standing there, on a bridge in Paris. I still can't believe that I went. I couldn't believe it when I was going, I couldn't believe it when I was there, and now I can't believe that I went. It takes a little bit of steam out of the excitement of the trip when you have a hard time comprehending that you actually went. However, I do remember, rather vividly, being exceedingly tired, and having a marvelous time. Here are some of the highlights:

The British Library. Way too many literary treasures for such a tiny spot.

Tower of London. I don't know why I like to see where people died. I especially liked being in the church where Sir Thomas More is buried.

Platform 9 3/4. Yes, I really am that big of a geek.

Trafalgar Square, the black hole of London. Whenever we got lost, we ended up there. I loved it.

Satan slept in our hostel in London. Some schizophrenic guy was talking in his sleep in the most vulgar, disgusting, debased, violent, and frightening ways. I would have slept on the street but I was too afraid to move.

Double decker buses and black taxi cabs.

A whole parade of soldiers in the classic British Toy Soldier uniform. Loved it.

Italy loved me. I have never had so many guys hit on me. That place is very good for a girl's self-esteem.

We went out to the coast for half a day. It was the most anti-climactic event of the trip. But we had some good laughs.

Old things, they were just so old. (That is for you Erin!)


Gelato. Enough said.

The guards at the Vatican Museum. The most beautiful people I have ever seen.

Treasures. That whole city is full of hidden treasures.

The Colosseum. I don't know why I like to see where people died. But it is one of the 7 wonders.

Rain. It rained the last 3 days we were there.

Paris, city of lights!

We stayed in the most adorable little town just outside of Paris. It was nice to have another view of Paris.

The Champs-Elysees. We went there everyday.

Climbing the steps of the tower in Notre Dame. By far my favorite view of the city, plus I love any opportunity to feel like I am in a Disney movie.

Crepes. Enough said.

Paris Disneyland. Yes, I am that big of a geek.

Lunch at the Eiffel Tower. A dream come true.

1 comment:

Hali said...

Jennica Dorsey, World Traveler: Hali Nielsen, boring office girl, seeks your creative genius and exotic travels! I missed you terribly while you were gone, but I'm glad to see you had the time of your life. I guess that's a fare enough trade :).

Much luv!