Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My New Bici!



In wake of gas prices rising faster than my heart rate did when that beautiful European man walked in for a tour today, I recently decided to seek out alternate means of transportation. I found my new bike at the Bike Peddler in American Fork. (I have a great affinity towards small businesses in my hometown) When I walked in the store I realized that I had no idea about how to find the right bike for me. So, I put myself into the hands of a very capable shop employee. The first thing he asked me was how tall I was. Next he asked if I had finished growing. I looked at him like he was maybe just a little bit nuts. He asked my age. "26, I replied. And yes, I have finished growing." He told me I didn't look 26. Apparently I would be a great candidate for that "10 Years Younger" show and I wouldn't even need the makeover.
Thankfully, the man knew more about bikes than the growing habits of females. Not long after this I realized that I haven't been on a bike in probably 5 or 6 years. It was brought to my attention when I was invited to test drive several styles of bike before buying. It was with palpable trepidation that I mounted the bike and rode off to circle the block with less than my normal confidence and flair. Soon, however, I was gliding with ease and completely sold on the idea of a new bike. I came home with a Specialized Myka Sport. It is my new love. What can I say? I am a fickle lover. I am now an avid and dedicated cyclist, 1 week and counting.

4 comments:

The Coopers said...

That is so funny! At least he didn't think you were 40 or something :) Congrats on the new bike!

heidikins said...

Ooooh! Fancy! Are you going to name the new toy/friend/family member?

xox

Andrea, Mrs. said...

I had to share the part about "are you finished growing" with my coworker. That was too dang funny.

And your bike is HOT!

Hali said...

Yay...when I get my butt back to Utah county, we must ride!