Wednesday, February 6, 2008

All Grown Up



When I was younger I used to always day dream about how my life would be when I was older. I saw myself at about 25, I had graduated college, I had a great apartment, a great job, and, of course, fabulous clothes. I would travel to New York, relax on a beach in Hawaii and backpack across Europe. My life would be just like the movies.

As I got older, and realized that life wasn't like the movies, I started to think a little bit differently. I saw myself at 25, married, possibly with two children by then. I was ok with that. That became my dream.

Then, one day, I looked around and realized that I was 25. I was the girl that I had dreamed about all my life. And let me tell you, I was shocked to find that everything I had dreamed of when I was little had come true. I have a great job, I live in an adorable house, I have a fabulous car, a college degree. How did all this happen? Last year I went to Hawaii, Chicago and New York and now, the last piece of the puzzle is coming together. Yesterday, I booked a ticket to London. Erin Cotten and I are taking our backpacks and heading out for 14 days of European bliss. This is unbelievable. I am a hopeless romantic, but I didn't know that so many of my dreams could really end up working out. I am one lucky girl.

1 comment:

Hali said...

You are the most fabulous grown up I know. Seriously. Fabulous! Wish I could tag along. [ha ha, Tagg]

You best be sure to send some incredible pictures back to the office, so I can live vicariously while I slave away in the hot office!

See you soon!