Monday, February 11, 2008

Awards Shows



I watched the Grammys last night, and may I say, I was more than pleasantly surprised. In fact, I had so much fun that my roommates thought I was nuts. I cheered, sang along and gave plenty of encouragement and criticism to all those that performed. I wish they could have heard me, but instead I will just make my friends read what I had to say.

Alicia and Frank: Classy. I knew it was going to be a good show from the start. How can the grammys go wrong when they start out so blasted classy?

Rhianna: I think you are pretty. I don't think anyone can deny that, but it does not give you license to parade around in ridiculous clothing. Feathers and corsets should never be worn, let alone together. But you still looked pretty. I kind of hate you for that.

Cirque du soleil: I could watch you ALL DAY, even if you can be a little creepy.

Cute little boy who sang "Let It Be": Where did you come from? Why haven't I seen more of you? When can I hear you again? Can I have children like you?

Beyonce: You are an all-around, true-to-life performer. An Irreplaceable performer, if you will. Not many of those around these days.

Tina Turner: You are still alive and rockin'. Bravo.

Kanye: Stellar glasses. The end. P.S. Loved the TRON guys. Thanks.

Foo Fighters: Dave Grohl, cut your hairs.

Alicia Keys and John Mayer: Yes.

"Rhapsody in Blue" performance: This was not even human. Sheer musical perfection.

Amy: Girl,rehab will do you good. Obviously, you are not quite out of the woods yet. I had such high hopes, but just getting up and shaking those little chicken legs of yours does not count as a good performance.

Will.i.am: Who gave you that camera time and are they fired yet?

There are the highlights. Overall, I give it a thumbs up.

1 comment:

Hali said...

Ha ha...I love it.Thanks for the recap.

And now...we miss you. Come home soon. Please.