Wednesday, February 27, 2008

There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters

Yesterday my sister was having a rough day. It feels good to be needed and it feels just as good to have a legitimate reason to skip out on half a day of work. So, at about 1:30 yesterday I headed up to Kearns for some bonding time with my dear sister.
Things were crazy at her house and on top of it all her son was sick, when her husband came home we decided to go out on the town. We needed to wipe away our little-town blues.
And what do you do when the going gets rough? Why, you go shopping of course. We went to the most ghetto mall Utah has to offer. It consists of 1 Dark Fantasy Store (for all those sci-fi geeks), 1 Frog Crazy store (kitschy home decor), 3 department stores that made me ill, 8 skate/beach apparel stores and 39 cheap-clothes-for-17-year-old-girls stores. Luckily there was a Macy's at the far corner, hiding it's face from the rest of the mall.
We found success at the Macy's and were were followed by two mall rats who, no doubt, were out looking to get some digits on a Tuesday afternoon. Did I say the mall was ghetto?
We did, however, make it out of the mall and by this time we were nothing short of starving. Of course, nothing satisfies hunger like a banana-nutella crepe. Well, that isn't exactly what we were thinking, but we stumbled upon an adorable crepe place on our way to Jamba Juice. As I sat there, I thought, this is what it is all about. All this silly talk about families, this is it. I love my sister and I am glad that she is my best good friend.

1 comment:

Wayne and Erin said...

If my sister's in trouble I will always help her out! If my sister's in trouble so am I!!!

Loves!