Friday, February 29, 2008

Ingrid, Joshua, Alexa and one AMAZING concert.



Last night I had another exciting adventure with Erin Cotten. It is always good to have an adventurous friend around. It makes life so much more enjoyable. We went to the Joshua Radin/Ingrid Michaelson concert. Ingrid was here in Utah just a bit ago for Sundance, but I missed her. SO, when I found out last week that she was going to be here (and with Joshua Radin) I simply had to go!
We found our way to In The Venue and walked our little selves all the way around the corner and into the dirty parking lot around the back to wait in line. I was severely disappointed that the bouncers weren't turning ugly people away, but also relieved that I wasn't being judged. (I knew they wouldn't turn anyone away, but I felt cool standing in line, waiting to get into a club.)
Once inside we staked claim to our little piece of the floor that would be ours for the next three hours. And what a wonderful three hours it was.
Alexa Wilkinson was the opening act and we fully support her musical career. She could scat like it weren't nobody's business. I want to be her when I grow up.



Ingrid was next and she was a dream. I like her because she is a bit like me. I think that if I were on stage I would be a lot like here. Perhaps we are kindred spirits.
I am in love with Joshua Radin. End of story. He and Ingrid closed the show together and I am pretty sure that life isn't going to be better than it was in that moment for a long time. What luck I have. So, besides the parking ticket I got for having expired registration, it was a simply heavenly night.



The following are the highlights of the evening:

Most Embarrassing Moment: When some girls in the front row asked Alexa to sing "the hat". That's right, they thought she was Ingrid. Of course, she did have similar glasses...

Most Unexpected Moment: When the fire alarm went off at the start of Alexa's third song. No one saw any fire so she just improvised and we just stood there. It didn't last long, but it made for a silly new song that had something to do with "I don't see any fire."

Best Flashback Moment: Ingrid played (and everyone sang along to) the theme song for "Fresh Prince". West Philadelphia born and raised!

Most Precious Moment: Every second Joshua was on stage. He has the most charming and disarming smile. Love, love, love him.

Most Heart-breaking Moment: When Joshua sang a song about his recent break-up, he is still completely broken over it, and you can tell.

Most Ridiculous Moment: When the whole pathetic little crowd stood and clapped for 10 minutes and no one answered their encore. How sad.

Most satisfying moment: Getting in my car and being able to sit after 3 hours of standing and still listening to Joshua all the way home.

2 comments:

Hali said...

Ha ha...I love it! I only wish I could have been there :(. Glad you had fun though!

Ashley said...

Okay, how is it that we are at the same places (I just learned from stalking your facebook..:))and don't run into each other. This concert was great. I like your blog, by the way. :)