Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy Cocoa!

Well, another Christmas has come and gone. We had a great time with the family. I think that the highlight of the holiday was my sister's interpretive dance to "The Twelve Days of Christmas." I love my family. In all the Christmas hustle and bustle both my Mom and myself had not yet been to see the lights at Temple Square. So, after a glorious day of doing almost nothing, I headed down to see the fam and take a trip to complete my holiday experience for the year.

The experience was a rather short one. The lights were pretty, but with 18 degree weather and no boyfriend to keep me warm our outing didn't last long. After the lights we had one more stop to make, after all no trip to Salt Lake is complete without a trip to Hatch Family Chocolates. We got in the warm car and as soon as our toes and imaginations had thawed, we started dreaming of pots de creme.

We pulled up to the store and it looked a little dark. I saw a sign that said that the store would be closing early for the holiday week and I feared we were too late. However, I was also determined not to be deterred by a sign and some dim lights. We got out of the car and were greeted by the very artsy and rather handsome fellow who had been standing at the counter. He had four cups of hot chocolate in his hand, which he offered us free of charge. The store was in fact closed. They had sold everything for Christmas, but there were four cups of cocoa left. We gratefully accepted the cocoa and went on our way. It was the most divine cup of hot chocolate I had ever had. I am sure that it was the kind they serve on the Polar Express. You know, the one that tastes like melted chocolate bars? It was perfect timing, just another magical moment in my life.

They happen every now and again, but usually it is at Disneyland; like when we got picked to be in the Disneyland parade, or those crazy moments when we never have to wait in line. This time is happened at Hatch Family and it was just as amazing as being at the Happiest Place on Earth. Thanks Hatch Family!

1 comment:

Aaron Jones said...

Thanks for calling me Handsome. I don't know about the cocoa on the Polar express, but it is always like drinking a chocolate bar at Hatch Family. And the pots' de creme is intoxicating.

Steve and Katie are friends of mine, they were showing the shop to my fiancée. They wanted to give their customers a nice Christmas treat so you got the hot cocoa.