Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I love Christmas and I love Eid al Adha (it's tomorrow)

For Hali...who inspired my first post since Halloween
Here goes...
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, especially the flavored kind. Yum.
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Both. Variety is the spice of life.
3. Red or white lights? Who has red lights? That is ridiculous. It would make it like the red light district.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? We had this ghetto plastic sprig of mistletoe in our house when I was younger, I could sure use it now...
5. When do you put your decorations up? The second the turkey carcass is in the trash.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom's stuffing, and her Christmas pudding.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Our front room was massive with vaulted ceilings. One night before Christmas we would drag our blankets downstairs and sleep under the tree. The lights from the tree were so soft and they filled the whole room. It was like being under extra blankets. I loved that feeling.
8. Most memorable Christmas? When it snowed for 2 seconds in San Jose and we ran outside in our shorts and danced around, the year my Grandfather passed away and we found out right after opening our presents, our first welfare Christmas when we got canned garbanzo beans and used toys, the year my mom and brother went on a cruise and we celebrated with just the kids! Christmas on the mission when I got 3 surprise packages from a family in Utah that just loved sister missionaries. I love Christmas.
9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? It happened gradually. First I asked my mom if the Easter Bunny and Tooth fairy were real. I told her I wanted to know about them, but not Santa Claus. I held on as long as I could.
10. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just one. It stinks if you open one that is no fun.
11. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With absolutely everything we can find in our Christmas boxes.
12. Snow: I wish I could wake up on Christmas and be snowed in.
13. Can you ice skate? Yup, I used to go with the girl scouts every year.
14. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Dad made a play kitchen for me and my sisters. It was pretty much amazing.
15. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? On Christmas Eve and Christmas morning nothing is wrong in the world. I treasure those few hours.
16. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Chocolate crinkle cookies, for sentimental purposes.
17. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Under-the-tree-gifts. We used to get locked in our room until everything was ready Christmas morning, so we gave each other gifts that we could open while we were waiting. We were 3 girls under 10, so mostly we just re-gifted stuff we hadn't used for a while or didn't want anymore. We still do it, but now we give dollar store gifts.
18. Which do you like best giving or receiving? Giving, there is nothing better than checking off someone else's Christmas list.
19. Christmas Song? Baby It's Cold Outside
20. Do you like candy canes? In my hot chocolate and to look at.

1 comment:

Hali said...

Ice skating it is!! Yay...for you getting into the Christmas Spirit! I love it...Happy Christ-ma-han-i-quanz-ica!