Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Malagasi Chicken

I cooked chicken last night. If my roommates are reading this they are probably thinking, "Gasp! Jennica? Cooking? You amaze me!" It isn't that I can't cook, it is just that I don't. I actually found myself to be quite comfortable with my hand in a bowl of raw eggs. However, I am pretty sure that I am considered a barbarian, or an apostate, daring to live in a Mormon world and not cooking. Whatever, that isn't the point of the story...

Point of the story is that you never know what you will learn when you go for dinner with your friends. First, I learned that sometimes you aren't just invited to dinner to eat,but maybe also to serve. I learned that couscous can be made from wheat or millet. I learned that Corny Collins looks awfully svelte in his straight-cut suit and dances better than everyone else, and that Montreal is a good place to learn French. And oh yes, I also learned how to make malagasi chicken.

We made almost 20 plates of that crazy chicken. When I say crazy, I mean that it is crazy good. The perfect combination of spicy and sweet. The whole night was, in all actuality, a good Samaritan project for the overburdened students who are studying like mad for their finals. Can I tell you how absolutely thrilled I am that I don't have finals? Well, I am. I love not stressing about homework and test. I love not having to stay up late to study and say no to my friends because I "have to do more reading." At the same time, I do miss learning. Yea, even structured learning. I miss being a part of the academic crowd. I guess I am not back in school for a reason though (at this point anyway). You win some, you loose some, no?

To those who are still in school...Happy Finals!

No comments: