Sunday, February 20, 2011

Munch and Mingle

So, I am the fellowshipping co-chair in my ward. (Yes, it is a real calling) Our job is too be nice to people and feed them once a month at our ward's munch and mingle. We knew that this month would be a small one (as it fell on the holiday weekend) so we decided to push for some more mingling with our munching. In honor of Valentines and maybe as a throw-back to elementary school, we decorated sugar cookies, lots and lots of sugar cookies. Between Amber and myself, I am pretty sure that there were over 200 cookies baked for this event. And Amber couldn't even come. This post is dedicated to her. It was an epic success. There was munching, mingling, and lots of fancy cookies....
In which Geoff made a happy couple. By the way, this is my second favorite face that Geoff has ever made.

Matching cookies. Green frosting and chocolate chips was a big hit today.

Two of the loveliest girls I know with some of the loveliest cookies I have ever seen.


Happy Birthday Amanda!


It is very possible that I held a cookie decorating contest in honor of me. We had unbiased judges that were randomly pulled from the crowd. They gave prizes to everyone.
Gotta love the singles ward.
Byt the way, in case you didn't notice in the picture above, Nathan and Oliver wore matching outfits today. I am pretty sure they said that it was so they could get the attention of all of the ladies.


Overall, I think it went pretty well. And I still have lots of cookies, so let me know if you think you can help me out with that...

2 comments:

confidentcharm said...

No way!!! It was all your awesome recipe. Thanks for this post. You made my day dear. I'm glad it turned out well. You are so fab!

Hali said...

Cookies? I like cookies :-).

PS...look at you being all fellowship-ish. [Tear] So proud.