Monday, January 24, 2011

I Really Love My....

Remember My Buddy?

He had an awesome jingle that still gets stuck in my head 20 years later:

"My Buddy, My Buddy, Wherever I go, he goes. My Buddy, My Buddy, I’ll teach him everything that I know.

My Buddy and me, Like to climb up a tree. My buddy and me, We're the best friends that could be.

My Buddy, My Buddy, My Buddy and Me!"

I never had a My Buddy, or a Kid Sister for that matter, but I certainly wanted one. But the universe is kind and I have one now My buddy isn't really a doll that will climb trees with me, but it is certainly my constant companion is almost everything I do.

I really love my lappy.

Almost 3 years ago I bought myself a fancy schmancy laptop. I felt like a grown up for sure, but to be honest, my lappy went neglected for a long time. I already had a desktop and a laptop from work. If you also counted my work desktop, this was the 4th computer that I added to my collection.

Fast forward 2 1/2 years. I was all signed up and ready to go for grad school. I pulled out my little laptop and hoped for the best. I was a little worried that my old lappy would be out of date and hold me back in my academic pursuits. I was worried that I would be out of date and serious uncool. How wrong I was. This laptop is still chic, sexy, and ready to handle anything I throw at it. My laptop goes everywhere with me these days. Wherever I go, he goes.

I do my homework, take notes, watch TV, and even do my scripture study on my laptop. I communicate with my friends and family, organize my day, and write fancy little blogs on my laptop. I pay my bills, listen to my music, and even do some shopping on my laptop.

Lappy, I don't know what I would ever do without you!

I really love my laptop.

1 comment:

Tracy Mills said...

I totally remember that jingle! How funny. I feel the same about my lappy. Love!