Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Still alive. Almost there.

This last week has been...intense.

Incredibly intense.

I have been existing in three places; my couch, a cubicle at school, and my bed. My finals are giving it their all to try and defeat me and my computer has recently decided to turn off every now and again just for fun. Yikes.

However! In the midst of all of this I have managed to squeeze in an adventure or two. I don't want to miss out on sharing them, and I would love to include all of the epic details here, but I should be working on my stats final right now, so I am just going to post a picture or two and call it good.

Adventure 1

Friday was our MPA closing social. We had a very exciting (albeit incredibly long) murder mystery dinner. I would like to say here and now that I guess every detail of the crime. Maybe I should quit public service and go into criminal investigation. Speaking of leaving public service, it is very possible that I won the most INCREDIBLE award ever at this closing social. At the end of the night they gave away a couple of superlative awards and I won:

*drum roll please*

Most likely to leave public service and become a stand-up comedian!

I was very happy. Not that I would rather be making people laugh than be working countless hours on my stats and accounting finals...but I would rather be out making people laugh.
Adventure 2

On Saturday Camilla and I decided to take on the Salt Lake Marathon after all. We both "trained" for the half-marathon and we both got injured in the process. However, we were not to be defeated. Camilla ran the half and I had to settle for the 5k. She was a rock star. I was just glad to be out and running again. I went out for a run the day before and it was the first time I had run in 5 WEEKS. But I am back in the game folks. Or I will be, once finals are over...


Anyway, tomorrow is stats day. Pray for me.

No really, pray for me. Please.

2 comments:

Erin Masi said...

Ahhh! Congrats on the 5K!! I love that race-one of my favorite! Good luck with the rest of finals!!

Hali said...

Praying for you (and putting lots of stellar thoughts out into the universe).

You can do it.