Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Warriors at Bajio

Work is s-l-o-w right now. There is hardly anyone in the office today, so it seemed like a perfect time to go out for lunch. We decided on Bajio. Those Bajio salads were calling our names. The restaurant was pretty empty, and we got through the line rather quickly. As I was finishing up at the register Hali came up to me and said, "There are some pretty cute boys by the door on the right side. They were looking over here. Let's go out that way."

Cute boys? Yes, please. We started walking that direction and soon I realized that I don't think we could have avoided these boys even if we had wanted to.

"So, did you find everything you were looking for?"

Um, duh? I am at a restaurant, I found food. It's not that hard.

"Yes, we sure did."
"Good. So, let me guess, you ladies work retail."

Whoa. Strike two. Believe it or not, I am not on break from my job at the mall. I have a big kid job.

"No."
"You are in sales, then."
"More or less. We sell education. We recruit for UVSC."

We all chatted for a minute, they hadn't hit strike three yet, they still had a chance. Turns out one is from Emery and the other is from Sandy and attends dear old UVSC. After several minutes of talking I decided that there was no sign of these boys aking for our names. Someone had to do it.

"Do you have names?" I asked.
It just seemed a bit asinine that we had gotten this far into being picked up on and they hadn't asked for our names. The first one (from Sandy) said that he was Dan the Warrior. If that doesn't turn a girl on, I don't know what would. Gracious. I only half heard the other one, I think he said his name was Titan. It was actually Sam. At one point Dan said that sometimes it was awkward talking to girls. Really? I never would have guessed.

Well, Dan's phone rang and he decided it would be fun to put one of us on the phone. Hali was busy because Sam was giving her his "warrior autograph", so I got the phone.

"So, you are talking to my friend Dan?"
"Yup."
"Is he scaring you?"
"It takes a lot to scare me. I am feeling pretty brave right now."
"He doesn't scare you? You should give him your phone number."

At about the same time that Rich was telling me to give Dan my number, Sam was slipping his number to Hali.

Strike three. These goons really thought that if they just stopped us on our way out of the restaurant we would swoon and take their numbers and give them a call? The never even asked for a names! This is a sad world, friends. A sad, sad, world.


But, in their defense, they say that they were awkward. And, at least they stopped us in the first place. In the end, I have to admit, it was a bit of a boost to my confidence. So, I guess I can't really complain.

5 comments:

Hali said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... Three hours later, and I am still laughing! Yay for crazy lunch time pick-ups. Hey, we do still have warrior sam's number if we ever want to "have a good time ;)." I'm thinking we should prank him...from our big kid jobs of course! Much luv...thanks for sharing in such funny times with me.

::David and Erin:: said...

You, my dear, are a comedic GENIUS!!!! I was laughing out loud at my desk! These "goons" really were awkward and, lets face it, a bit socially retarded. "Hey, give US your number, since you know, you're the ones that picked up on us in the first place,"...good hell! What has the world come to?

Andrea said...

How old (approximately) were those goons?

Anonymous said...

Jennica, I loved this story. Hilarious. By the way, I put you as a link on my blog, I hope that is ok. And I was wondering if you would do a favor for me- would you ask Hali and Erin if they would please invite me to see their blogs? I want to keep in touch with them too! Thanks! You are a real gem.
Rachelle
p.s. if they need my email address, it is rachellelaree@msn.com

heidikins said...

...seriously. (Note, not a question...more a statement relating to lameness.)

xox