Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Confessions of a Girl Wearing Leggings

I swore that I would never wear leggings. I always say that they weren't cool the first time around, so they definitely aren't cool the second time around. I remember being about 8 or 9 and my sister had to buy a pair of red leggings with lace on the bottom for a play. It was scandal in the Dorsey household. Dorsey girls did not wear leggings, and they certainly did not wear leggings with lace on the end. I went along with my Mom, scoffing at all the girls who wore leggings, but here I will admit, more than 15 years later, that deep inside, I knew that I would have given all my slap bracelets for a pair of leggings.

But that was just a pipe dream. I knew it would never happen. I had long given up on the leggings dream by the time they came "back into fashion." Part of me thought that grown up girls looked ridiculous in them, part of me thought that they were just an excuse to wear short skirts, and part of me was really miffed that I had missed the trend the first time around.

I stood my ground! I swore off leggings! And then, last night...I bought a pair. I will blame it all on Halloween. The leggings are a necessary evil. They go with my costume.

I am wearing them today.

Don't get me wrong, they are very cleverly concealed by my knee high boots, but in my heart of hearts, I know that I am wearing leggings. So ha! Let there be scandal in the Dorsey household. I don't care if I am a grown up girl looking ridiculous! I am wearing leggings. Take that Mom!

1 comment:

Hali said...

Ha Ha....thanks for the deep, dark confession (and for showing them to me) this morning. Truly, it made my day! :)