Wednesday, August 10, 2011

UP

Last week I went out for a lovely adventure with my best henny friend who lives up in Herriman. In the midst of all this adventure, we got a little lost on our way to dinner out in Daybreak.  (BTW, if you are looking for a scenic drive that will transport you to 1930s rural America, go get lost west of Herriman) Luckily for us, our detour landed us not very far from the UP house! So, we took a little sidetrip and went to see this delight that is being highlighted in the Parade of Homes. We only did a quick drive-by, but it was still pretty magical. 
 The house is seriously exactly like the one in the movie. I hear that the inside has even been decorated to match the house in the film.  That is some pretty serious business if you ask me. 
Just when we thought it couldn't get any better, we noticed that there was quite a big of commotion at the front of the house. Yup, that's right. There was an old man and a boy scout sitting on the porch!

This was the last thing I expected to do with my evening, but it was pretty darn cool. If you live around here, you should totally take the kids. People don't just rebuild animated movie sets everyday. 

4 comments:

heidikins said...

Love.

xox

Amylee said...

That's pretty cool. I couldn't help but notice that you are reading the Guernsey book right now- I love it! It's so good.

Lindsay said...

Love it! Loved the movie!

Amy said...

I took Jane on a drive through the area we stummbled upon and she asked if we were in Kansas. That's right her only reference point for rural America comes from the wizard of oz.