Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spokane to Sandpoint

It is 1:10am. I am leaving for Washington in about 4 1/2 hours! If you have recently read my blog you will know that my dear friend Camilla just moved away to North Carolina. Lucky for me, she talked me into signing up for this relay race long before she left. So, tomorrow I get to see Camilla again AND I get to run in my VERY FIRST RELAY RACE! I am just a little bit excited. Can you tell?  Well, some of that excitement may be my futile efforts to erase the nervous feeling that I have in the pit of my stomach, as I am about to try something that I never thought I would ever be capable of, but most of it really is just pure excitement. We are going to camp in Spokane tomorrow night and then we will hit the road Friday morning for the 180 glorious miles that will take us into Idaho by way of 12 runners, 36 legs, and one roller coaster! That's right. Roller coaster. Once you get to the theme park, the whole team boards a roller coaster and then the next runner takes off from there. How cool is that? Anyway, I need to go finish packing. I am sure that there will be plenty of pictures and stories to come. In the meantime, put some good things out in the universe for me so I can make it back alive!

1 comment:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Hey! You might want to check my post from Friday. There is a surprise for you! - TMB