Wednesday, June 29, 2011

DEMOLITION DERBY

Saturday night I went to my very first demolition derby. Actually, it was the first demolition derby for everyone in our little group. It was an epic event. The magic of button up denim shirts with cut off sleeves, big hair, janky hair, mullet hair, (there was a lot of hair) and missing teeth was indescribable. I kid you not, seeing the crown alone was worth the price of admission. The show was pretty good too. It was big kid bumper cars, but most of the bumpers came off pretty quickly and the rounds end with cars being smashed to bits instead of cars rolling to a stop because the electricity was shut off. It was awesome. When we first got there we were impressed, but not entirely won over.  By the end of the night we were on the edge of our seats, cheering, and contemplating sporting mullets in the near future.

Really more than anything I wish I had pictures for you of the people who were there, but I wasn't in a good spot for sneaking shots. Oh, well. These photos will have to do:




After almost 3 hours of demolition, we were all still very happy campers. We did sneak out at the very end to beat the traffic. This is sad because apparently we missed a car that caught on fire. However, it is not sad because as we drove around searching for food, we happened across a Cafe Rio that was open for only 8 more minutes. Car on fire, pork salad? Car on fire, pork salad? Pork salad of course! We stayed in the restaurant maybe a little bit longer than we should have, but we were having a marvelous time. I tell you, post demolition derby high is a good high. So is Cafe Rio high. Mix the two and you have got one great Saturday night.


Thanks demolition derby. You don't suck.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Confession...I went to my first (and only) demolition derby in Elkton MD with my greenie :)

Tracy Mills said...

awesome!! I would want to go. ha ha

Camilla said...

Denny's. That is all. Oh, and getting hopped up on house dressing. The end.