Monday, June 13, 2011

14th Annual Judgesrun


A LOT of work goes into putting on a race. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. People pay money, they show up at the starting line, they run 3.1 miles. Doesn't seem difficult, but there is a lot that goes into putting on race. Ours went really well. Luckily the race has been going for 14 years and many of the volunteers have been there every year. So, even though we were new to the race, everything ran like clockwork because our volunteers were all rock stars. Race volunteers are some of the best people anywhere. After the race, breakfast is served. There were donuts, fancy scones, pancakes, oranges, bananas, I don't know how much I would want to eat all of that after I had just run, but the great thing about the food is that people stick around. We had a big party, gave out some prizes, and had a marvelous time doing it. My favorite award went to the girl who took 1st place for females 12-16. She wore a t-shirt that said "I run 4 values + Justin Bieber" Totally made my day.

And now it is done! I am back at work and after a race debrief we will be moving on to the Amy Grant concert. Life is going to be 100% different. That is one very good thing about this internship. It certainly keeps me on my toes! Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh stop it, an Amy Grant concert. You aren't doing an internship you are fulfilling a life long dream. Please tell her I'm her biggest fan. Ok, not really, but still, fun summer for you!

Loves,
Em

Swirleys said...

Miss Jennica, I just stumbled upon this posting, thanks to Google! I miss you a lot this year. I don't have an intern so I have to try and be you and me!

You were a terrific intern. Our race and concert last year were for the record books, no? YES.