Monday, December 22, 2008

The TWILIGHT Zone

Oh, my dear Amy friend. I went to see my good friend a bit ago and she told me all about when she went to go see Twilight. I don't think that I have seen anyone get this excited about the Twilight movie. I mean, I saw the pre-sale ticket records set by frantic mothers and teenagers and saw the facebook status updates that said, "I just saw Twilight for the 8th time and am now MORE in luv with Edward than ever be4!" But this girl? She topped it all. She couldn't stop laughing the whole time she talked. "Jennica," she said,"you have to see it. And you have to take me with you. I want to watch you watch it." Now, that may seem a little creepy, but Amy and I have been friends for over 10 years and I knew that there was some serious fun in store. About a week later I was on my way to the theater. When we walked into the theater at 4 minutes to go time, the place was deserted. I was just saying, "Amy, the place is ours! We can talk and LAUGH as much as we want!", when a lady and her daughter came in and I quit talking midsentence. (Knowing full well what a Twilight fan might do to me just knowing that I was thinking about laughing at this movie) Anyway, the lady turns to us and says, "Oh, I know, it's too bad you're not alone in here. Now you can't go up and kiss the screen. I might still do it anway though, watch out!"

Thanks lady. Every crazy Twilight fan stereotype was just solidified in you. Wow.

Well, the movie was GREAT. Seriously, I don't think something has been this unintentionally entertaining since...since...well, maybe never. There is nothing like excessive brooding, angsty teenagers, too much breathing, stellar special effects and a bedazzler gone wrong to a make a quality film. I would go into more detail, but I fear mocking Twilight in print. However, if you haven't seen this movie, go see it - and take me with you. I want to watch you watch it.

Speaking of a Twilight Zone experience, I sure had one after the movie, when I got home. When I came home I was on the phone with my dear friend Erin. I was in the middle of saying, "So, you mean that I actually have to trust the Lord on this one?", when I looked up and saw two men who looked a great deal like policemen standing at the end of the hallway that leads to our apartment. They looked at me funny, but I figured that they were just amused by the very loud conversation I was having on the phone. I was a little apprehensive, but didn't think much of them as they didn't seem to think much of me. I put my key in the lock of our apartment and as I opened the door I was greeted by 5, count them, 5 U.S. Marshals decked out in full regalia.

Now, my first thought was, "That freak of nature came back and broke into our apartment and obviously did some serious damage as the entire SWAT team was called out and my roommates are most likely either dead or have been seriously violated." I am a bit embarrassed to admit that they way this concern was shown was by me taking in the scene and feeling sufficiently frightened and overwhelmed enough to let a out an, "Oh, *#@%." I am not exactly sure if the U.S. Marshals appreciated my display of verbal prowess. I am pretty sure however, that I did break the ice regarding whatever had been happening in my apartment prior to my entrance. After my stunning display of grace, the Marshals started making jokes. They were teasing about how I was the one that they had come looking for and something about an expired parking permit. I knew they were laughing, but I was still just a little confused about what they were all doing in my apartment. I tried my best to be witty, but sometimes even my abundant wit fails me under such pressure.

While they were joking I looked around and saw that both of my roommates were safe and sound. *relief!* Hali was flipping through the ward directory with one of the Marshals and Lindsay was laughing at me with the rest of the crew. As it turns out they had come looking for someone name Haley and I guess some bright person thought Hali was close enough and sent them to our door. I guess this Haley has some spurious friends who were the actual cause of this crazy visit. About 5 minutes before I arrived, the Marshals had knocked on the door and come in with guns drawn looking for Haley. They found that all we had was a Hali (not Haley), but they searched our entire apartment anyway, maybe for good measure? But, it was just another day at the 469. We were all good chums by the end of the visit and had it been just a few minutes longer, I am sure that we would have offered them all hot cocoa and cookies.

The female of the bunch left us with the following advice, "Well, keep those beds made. You never know who may stop by." She was right. You never know. And for the record, all of our beds were made.

6 comments:

Vollya Sergeeva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hali said...

Just another day at THE 469...yep, we're cool enough to have a "THE" in front :).

I heart your verbal prowess and abundant wit...not sure what I'd do without it. And your astounding presence, of course.

Heart you. Thanks for being my roomy, especially when I bring the crazies home ;-)

Vollya Sergeeva said...

are you talking to ME???????
hmmm thanxiez *hugs* =D

Regs said...

I also love your verbal prowess and abundant wit. I'm so sad I have to enjoy it from a distance and through stories. :( You're amazing, Miss Jennica!

Vollya Sergeeva said...

oh. i totally agree with them.
you are so amazing in your writing.
you should write a novel or something =]
i would so read it...

The Coopers said...

That is too funny! I love that you made friends with the US Marshals that came into your apartment with guns drawn. I went and saw Twilight 2 times, neither one was my idea. I will admidt, I read the books, but the movie was so funny. The first time we went with a bunch of girls from my ward and they were all into it, I hadnt read the book yet, so I just kinda sat there and watched. The second time one of my friends wanted to see it and wanted me to go with her. We were in a full theater and we were busting up laughing during the most dramatic parts. We kept on getting dirty looks from the row of teen girls sitting infront of us. 2 hours of watching Edward and Bella stare at eachother was a little much for me, plus the parts that they made up for the movie were pretty funny. You crack me up :)