Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Disney Place


2 days left. It has been two years since I have been to Disneyland, and the gap is closing ever so quickly. In 2 teeny, tiny little days I will be standing at the gates of the Magic Kingdom. The paper count down chain that has been up in our office since the end of June has come to an end.

Now, some of you may be asking, 2 years Jennica? Really? And I will reply to you both yes AND no. I have actually been to Disneyworld and Disney Paris this year, but does that really count? As much as I love Disney anywhere in the world, it is only truly home in Anaheim. Every place holds it's own charm, but I am a purist. Disneyland gets extra magic points because, not only was it the beginning for the Disney theme park conglomerate, but it was also the beginning for me.

The first time I went to Disneyland I was about 5 years old. We went on a special trip, just me, my older sister and my parents. We left the boys and the baby behind and we headed down south. After 7 hours or so in our big, orange, Chrysler New Yorker, we reached Disneyland. And that was where it began, and thankfully, still continues.

So, here are some highlights of my life at Disneyland:

When I went the first time we got Mickey Mouse ears and then got the mouse ears pierced with Minnie Mouse earrings.

5 fabulous days when my older sister graduated high school. It was our first official family vacation since we had moved to Utah 4 years prior. My best friend from California just happened to be there as well.

A magical trip with my father when I was 17. It was the first time I had seen him in 7 years. It was also my first time staying in the Disneyland Hotel and my first time eating sushi AND the first time I had an annual pass.

Living in the car for a week with my older sister and brother to celebrate my high school graduation, my sister's college graduation and for my brother to get lasik in Hollywood. We enjoyed sneaking into the Disneyland Hotel pool to "shower".

Sitting on the balcony of the Disney Art Gallery to watch Fantasmic!

Having an annual pass and being able to go to the Disney California Adventure park before it opened.

Having single rider passes on that same trip and bypassing the Soarin' line that was 3 hours long. As we walked past the line one if the kids exclaimed, "Wow, they must know Walt Disney!"

Being in the Disneyland parade over and over again!

Taking Disneyland by storm with the Dorsey girls a week before my mission and dancing with the Disney characters at our FOREVER long lunch.

Standing under the castle every time I go and listening to Jiminy Cricket sing "When You Wish Upon a Star" and knowing that dreams really can come true.

Second star to the right and straight on till morning. I'll be there soon!

4 comments:

Jim and Val said...

And I can't believe that I will be there with you this time to celebrate this blessed event of "coming home"!

Jeff and Ari said...

Have SO much fun!!

Heather said...

Have fun! I'll be jealous of you the whole time just to make your trip even better ;) And I like your Halloween blog makeover.

Lisa said...

How does anyone possibly go to Disney amusement parks three times in one year! Amazing!