Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Sick and Afflicted

So, you might recall just one or two posts ago how I managed to sprain both my ankles to some degree almost 2 weeks ago. Well, to add insult(or infection) to injury, I got incredibly sick Saturday evening. This led to my barely surviving through sacrament meeting at church on Sunday and what was most likely a very incoherent closing prayer from yours truly. The rest of the evening, and most of the week, continued as follows:

Sunday Evening
Sleep
Theraflu
More Sleep
Monday
No School
The Dark Knight (with Jess who was also sick)
Theraflu
Sleep
Tuesday
School
Sleep
More Theraflu
More sleep
Wednesday
School
Sleep
Institute
More Theraflu
Sleep

I am pretty sure that I am now fairly familiar with what hibernation feels like. I am also fairly sure that I have consumed more theraflu than is legal in the state of Utah - and that is by no means a bad thing.

However, I will also tell you that visits from friends mean more when you are sick than they do when you are healthy, Camilla's grilled cheese tastes like heaven (when you are sick or healthy).

And getting better is the greatest part of all! Finally being able to swallow without wanting to die and be able to walk somewhat like a normal person again? Priceless

1 comment:

Camilla said...

Remember that one time when you thought the toast was stuck together, and then you realized it was grilled cheese?? Yay!