Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sandwich Tuesday

I have a huge crush on Ian Chillag. If you don't know who he is, that is ok, you can rest assured that you are not a major geek. Ian Chillag writes for NPR's Wait, Wait Blog. He is funny. Very funny. My favorite thing to read on the WWBlog is the "Sandwich Monday" article. The premise is this: the producers of the show find a CRAZY sandwich and they sample it for lunch. Next, they give a review and say hilarious things about the culinary mess they have just ingested. It may not sound like much, but it is often the highlight of my week.

Some of my favorites include:

The TurDoggin at Franks 'N' Dawgs in Chicago


Ian: A hot dog should only be eight dollars if it comes with a side of six dollars.

Ally Sheedy's Sandwich from The Breakfast Club


Eva: Every time I chew I die a little.

Hot Pockets Sideshots


Mike: Last time I saw this, Han Solo was stuffing Luke into it to keep him warm.


See? They are funny. Well, they are to me. Maybe you should click on the links and go read it.

Anyway, the point of all of this is that yesterday, my love for Ian Chillag, my love for macaroni and cheese, my lack of sleep, and my grad-student-no-budget lead to Jennica's Sandwich Tuesday.

The sandwich of the day?

Ham and Macaroni and Cheese
A new twist on an old classic

Yup. This is not a joke. And it wasn't disgusting. I don't know if I would ever attempt it again, but it did the trick for dinner.


Now I think that it would be a good time for you to try to be as cool as the "Sandwich Monday" guys and leave a funny comment.

Happy sandwich!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Your pregnant and overly food sensitive friend may have to skip your Tuesday posts. I wish you well in your new endeavor though.

Krystal Rose Webb said...

I love it! But in all seriousness, did you even look at the carrots during the meal? I sure wouldn't have.

Wayne and Erin said...

Ahhh! That is an unbelievable sandwich! Ahhhh!!!