Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Home again, home again

I am back! I am officially over jet-lag! It is wonderful feeling. I have spent the last several days slowly getting settled into my new apartment in Provo. It has been strange to be back home. I am very grateful for tap water and regular toilets. I am thankful to be eating food that isn't going to make me sick. I am also grateful for freedom of speech and my closet full of clothes. I miss chopsticks and using an umbrella for shade. I miss $2.00 meals and Chinglish signs. I also kind of miss having people want to get their picture taken with me. Fame is so fleeting...

So, overall, China was incredible. It was a wild adventure and I am so glad that I went. Now I am gearing up for a new adventure. Grad school officially starts in 2 1/2 weeks. I feel a bit like I did before the mission. I knew that even after all I could do to prepare, I wouldn't really be ready, because you just don't know what it will be like until you get there. It is a mystery, and I am excited to see how it goes. I just hope I survive!