Friday, December 11, 2009

The Burberry Theif

I got a call from my credit card company last night. I didn't get the voice mail until 4 hours after they had called. All I heard was, "...account ending in 6***. Validate charges. $65.01. Charge described as, 'shoe store'". Shoes? I hadn't bought any shoes! I called the company and told them that I did not, in fact, recognize these charges. The lady started to read back the last few charges on my card.

Famous Footwear $65.01
Walmart $15.64
Burberry $161.72

Burberry?! Burberry?! I told her that I wished the Burberry charge was mine, but it was not. The Walmart charge was mine. Walmart. I felt ripped off and a great deal like a loser. Why wasn't I shopping at Burberry? Oh, yeah, becuase I can't afford it. This realization brought to mind another thought prokvoking realization. Apparently the person who stole my card didn't think I could afford it either. I think that it must be hard work to find something at Burberry that was only $161.72. So, I guess I appreciate that they didn't go hog wild with my card. A sensible purchase at Burberry and a sensible attempted purchase at Famous Footwear. ( P.S. How you would go from the one to the other is beyond me. If you are going to use my card, please use it with some class!) Anyway, my account is closed. Someone got a fancy present from Burberry and I got a new credit account, all will be well this Christmas. Chase is sending me another card that will get here tomorrow.

And, in the end, I am grateful for Walmart, even though it doesn't look like much when it is standing next to Burberry. It was my white elephant purchases made here at Walmart in Orem, UT, that tipped my credit card company off and we were able to stop the crazy Jennica's-money-shopping-spree in California.

Thanks Chase Bank, thanks Walmart and Merry Christmas to the Burberry Theif!

1 comment:

heidikins said...

Do you think Chase could arrange to also send one of those lovely plaid scarves (or trench, I'd take a trench) for Christmas as well? Cuz that'd be awesome.

xox