Monday, September 27, 2010

MTC Provo, UT 84602

Ok, so don't throw up, but I got some bug bites two weeks ago that have turned into quite the nasty rash. I fear that I may have a flesh eating bacteria that is slowly consuming my right leg. Not. Fun. I wouldn't even tell you this, but I have to tell you what this experience led me to find:

This morning I got online to schedule an appointment at the BYU Health Clinic - and when I logged in the system automatically filled in my address:

MTC Box 188
Provo, UT 84602

Wha? The last time I was registered with BYU Health Care was when I was a missionary! Who knew? That is just adorable. It has been 7 years since I was in the MTC, in fact, 7 years ago last week I flew out to Philly as a brand new little missionary. I felt so grown up then. It was an incredible year and a half and I am grateful for the Health Center's little reminder. Memories of my first week in the mission include:

  • Getting kissed by an 80 year old man while tracting
  • Translating the discussions that I had learned in broken Spanish back into English(they came out just as broken as my Spanish)
  • Seeing my first Delaware sunset (They may not sound like much, but I promise that it is)
  • Longwood Gardens for Sister's Conference
  • Seeing My Mom sing with the choir for General Conference and feeling truly home for a moment
Miss you Philly!