Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The only thing constant is change...

As I was sitting in Institute tonight I realized that one week from that very moment I would not be sitting in Institute. I would be sitting on a plane -- on my way to China. This is it folks. The countdown begins. In one week I will be eating noodles and rice. In one week I will be about a foot taller than everyone around me. In one week I will be officially starting my grad program.

Wow.

I had another realization this week that shook me a bit;I have been on UVU's campus since the Fall of 2000. I left for my mission and to teach in Korea, but UVU had been a very big constant in my life for the last 10 years. 10 years. And that ends in just a few shorts days. Everything is changing. I like change. Change is good. That doesn't mean that it isn't hard. This is incredibly hard. It isn't just a couple of little things that are changing, NOTHING is going to be the same. However, this is usually how things go for me. I don't like to do things small.

So here goes...

It all starts in t-minus 7 days...

4 comments:

Karen Ella said...

So I got really excited for you reading this. I'm craving change. Big change. I usually get that way though. I'm so excited for you!

heidikins said...

Gah, wait! Time out! You're moving to CHINA?! How on earth did I miss that?! If all goes according to my plans, I will be moving to China next summer and staying for 2-5 years...where are you going? What grad school? What program? Ohmygoodness, I have ten-thousand questions!

xox

Rachel said...

I like your "Jekyll and Hyde" quote. I should go listen to that song now. Bummer we never did get together before you left :( Keep updating your blog so I can see what you are up to! Have fun in China! (Crazy)

Hali said...

Hope your "changes" all going oh-so-well.

Miss you!