Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Breaking the Sabbath

Sunday afternoon I got a call from my good friend Vanessa inviting me to a potluck at her house. An invitation to a potluck on Fast Sunday? Who can say no to that? We ended up ditching the potluck and eating potstickers. When the party had died down we went to go see our good friend Adi. Pretty sure we interrupted his Sunday nap. While we were waiting for Adi to come up Vanessa grabbed a mini bag of M&Ms and started sorting them by color. I couldn't resist grabbing a bag and doing the same. Soon all the bags of M&Ms were open and sorted. We made a beach scene, complete with a red umbrella and a Hersey bar Marriott Hotel.

Speaking of Hersey bars, while building our hotel we had a brilliant idea. The idea was s'mores. Hersey bars are basically worthless unless they have graham crackers and marshmallows. We emptied the candy bowl and headed to Vanessa's to help them realize their full potential. As we were walking to my car we saw a tow truck that was getting ready to tow some poor sucker's car away.

"Is that your car?"

"No way, I am totally parked 100% legally. Or not."

The tow truck was backing up to MY car. I had innocently parked on the curb and now my car was about to be towed. As I ran up to the tow truck he was about 5 inches away from my back tires. I pleaded with him to let me go, we had just run in to get our friend. He looked at me, shrugged, and drove off.

I stood on the curb with my illegally parked car, heart pounding, not believing what had just happened. Not believing that he just let me go. I now love s'mores even more than I did before. Saved by a s'more. Who'd have thunk?

Needless to say, (but important to show) this little miracle of the tow truck and the s'mores made me very happy.

4 comments:

Hali said...

I heart you. Enough said.

Jeff and Ari said...

You are hilarious! And I have never gotten that lucky. Actually I have never been in this position. But Yissel was once, and I was with her ... and we were still booted. You just must be lucky! And yes ... my shoes are Merrils :)

Lisa said...

So I can't believe I've never seen your blog before!! I love it! PS. This story reminds me of a similar incident involving another parking lot and a boot! :)

The Peanut. said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

I didn't realize that whole adventure had been imortalized in the blogosphere! I feel famous... ;)

Love ya!

V.